About this blog

For a little more back story, click here.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Papa John

Last week my dad was in town, and man! - did we have a great time. He met the hubby for the first time (went swimmingly, who wouldn't love Ang?). He also got to see some of my recent photos and the new ax (Nikon D40) and we BBQ'd the crap outta some shish kabobs! It was a wonderful (albeit short) week with Papa John.

A few photos of the BBQ:




The ladies


The gentlemen (tending grill)




The crazy, super-sized frisbee in action


Feral children on the loose


Papa John does not approve of my silly ass grin (and, frankly, neither do I)



As both my father and I have gotten older we have developed such a beautiful adult relationship. It is one that is rooted in my childhood memories and games, but has expanded into my grown up reality. Over the years it has changed and evolved with us, letting out guilt and awkwardness and letting in more love and trust. I treasure this connection and thrive on its continued growth. I love you Papa John, thank you for coming to visit. I will see you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lillian was thrilled to see the pictures of herself. When she saw the one where she is catching the frisbee, she said - John threw it to me so nice.

In the middle of the day on Saturday, she looked at me and said- Mom - you look like Lichen's friend. You know Griff's mom. I thought that was a very nice thing to say.

Flowers McGrath said...

i love these photos, and adore you and PAPA JOHN!!

it was a great day lovely lady, as always.
love me

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP