About this blog

For a little more back story, click here.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Leaving Los Angeles

We are three days into traveling across the country to our new home. I sit now in a small hotel room in Hollbrook, AZ, about 200 miles out side of Albuquerque and 800 miles from Los Angeles. This feels surreal, the excitement lives in my belly and swirls around every hour or so to remind me that it is there. And we have only just begun...

A few pictures, thus far:

Packing up, somehow this
turned to this
and this!!


Last margarita at El Coyote


A last picture in the courtyard
and a lovely surprise from my husband!
trying not to cry...


Off we go (and I do cry...just a little)


Steve has found his spot, he's quite the travel cat, apparently.

His alternate spot, when he gets sick of the first

First sunset on the road
First stop for the night- Needles, CA - and first dinner on the road. I had the meatloaf and it was everything I hoped for. Why does food taste better on the road?

The next morning we entered Arizona - good bye California!


Our first glimpse of snow, at The Grand Canyon


We are doing wonderfully so far. Beautiful weather (though it is a bit chilly at 5,000 feet), the truck is fantastic, Steve is happy to sleep all day, the adventurers are adventuring!!!


...and did I mention my ring?

4 comments:

Kim Bajorek said...

Beautiful! You and Angus, your ring, your dress, and all these moments you've captured. I'm so happy we can be along with you on your journey this way!
Looking forward to more!
Love you!

Kim Bajorek said...

Beautiful! You and Angus, your ring, your dress, and all these moments you've captured. I'm so happy we can be along with you on your journey this way!
Looking forward to more!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

WEEEEE LOVE IT!!!!!!! what a great blog. we shall follow the entire event with olympic attention.
love you two!!!
bess monty and griffer

Squid Pictures said...

wow. sad and exciting all at the same time. Be safe!

And what a pretty ring!!!!!!!!!! good on ya Gussie.

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP